I.E. Help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter, try slapping in your Win7 disk and booting. It should find the install, and give you an option to "Repair". The option compares the files on your computer with the files on the disk AND what is in "update". It can take a couple of hours.

I've never seen a BSOD in Win 7 nor Vista - I've been quite impressed with their stability. I've had no problem with Adobe, either, and I'm running PS Essentials 6 on both OS (dual booting machine).

Please try going to YouTube first -- If it won't run any videos, you need to reinstall flash.

Just went to You Tube and was advised I needed a Flash Player so went to download a Flash Player and learned there isn't one for the 64-bit I.E. I'm now using! The solution is to download Firefox -- OK, what did I write about Adobe and Windows now working and playing well together?

I'm downloading Ff now for another attempt at getting it to work again.

Peter, I run a 64-bit, also. Just download the latest flash. Win7 installs them in the folder "Program Files (x86)" . . . It really is no problem. Make sure you are in administrator mode. I recommend saving the file to your computer, right click and choose "Run as Administrator...". It will ask for a confirmation.

"Run as Administrator..." even if you are in the admin group.

Now for the bad news: :cool2:

Photoshop essentials has a memory leak . . . that is probably what BSOD'd your machine. It is helpful to navigate to the actual program, right-click, properties, and tell it to "Run in Windows xp compatibily mode"

:D

Just went to You Tube and was advised I needed a Flash Player so went to download a Flash Player and learned there isn't one for the 64-bit I.E. I'm now using! The solution is to download Firefox -- OK, what did I write about Adobe and Windows now working and playing well together?

I'm downloading Ff now for another attempt at getting it to work again.

If you really want FF, do the same "run as Admin" thing I described as above. Not that MS would try to block a competitor or anything . . . :sneaky:

Downloaded Ff again and just installed it -- now it works just fine! So THAT problem solved.

Now to go to Essentials and do that fix......

Oh, and yes, you've convinced me to finally make my "restore" copies that I have put off making.

Back
Top Bottom