I.E. Help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter Guy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I opened the following thread in I.E. 8 (Win 7) and the embedded video just shows as a box with a red x in it.

Thread: Diving

I can't figure out what I need to activate to get I.E. to let me see the video.

Help?

No, not a new computer. I'm having some issues and fear I may need to reinstall a bunch of stuff, sigh.

I opened the following thread in I.E. 8 (Win 7) and the embedded video just shows as a box with a red x in it.

Thread: Diving

I can't figure out what I need to activate to get I.E. to let me see the video.

Help?

Peter,

It is not normal to see a red-x for a video. As it is a YouTube video, have you tried playing other YouTube videos? If you can't, then it is a setting on your computer.

Whe you go to YouTube, check the status bar on the bottom of the window. Is there any "red x" or an eye showing privacy issues? If you blocked a cookie from YouTube, it might not transfer the info.

If none of those work, try going to Tools | Internet Options | General 'Tab' and delete all the cookies, files and history. That will make you loose some of the 'auto-login' settings, so make sure you have your userids and passwords.

Good luck.

well the only video in the thread he linked to is a Youtube video. That plays usually in flash, so k-lite isn't going to help him in this case. I would hit up flash.com and download the latest version anyway.

Oops...my bad.

Rob, for some reason Firefox decided NOT to work on this computer, sigh. I've uninstalled/reinstalled it and have no idea why it has gone T.U. I've done a "restore" to prior settings after the last installation of some software (Mares Dive Sim -- restore done after uninstalling the Sim).

Things were working just fine, thank you very much, until some gremlin decided to do things.

(Now that I'm on a roll....)

This laptop started having Gremlins in March while I was working on some pictures in Photoshop Essentials 5 -- I started getting the true "Blue Screen of Death" at what appeared to be very random times. It still happens. I don't know if there is a conflict with my anti-virus software (System Mechanic), various Adobe Software (I know that various Adobe programs do not work and play well with Windows some times), or ?????

It's almost enough to make me think of getting a Mac -- other than I've disliked Macs from the very first time I tried to use the one with the tiny B/W screen!

well what did the bsod say? they usually have some good information on figuring out what is going wrong. bsod usually refers to a driver issue or a bad piece of hardware.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom