I didn't know there were sharks??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Re-read it. Its not as bad as you think. The husband said something to the effect that __it happens, wrong place wrong time.

Tim Ingersoll once bubbled...
Re-read it. Its not as bad as you think. The husband said something to the effect that __it happens, wrong place wrong time.

But as of Monday afternoon, she was making statements that implied she was putting part of the blame on the State. I will keep an eye out for any news if she files a lawsuit - unfortunately it is not that uncommon (like shark sightings :) ) for people to file suit against the State for things such as this.

One that most recently comes to mind was an 18 year old kid on vacation with his mother and brother ignoring the posted signs to KEEP OUT (walked right by them, in fact) and advice from many locals in the area - he walked out and stood on the lip of a blowhole - well, the wave came in, blew up through the hole, sucked the kid in and he drowned. His mother is now suing.

Turns out the kid actually walked into one of the signs and had "Keep Out" imprinted on his forehead when they found him. Part of the lawsuit is for his pain and suffering as a result of the negligently installed sign. No. . .really. . .

I like this quote from the article: “I’m from San Diego, where it just doesn’t happen."

No sharks in San Diego except for those pesky Great Whites. Take a look at the shark attack files - 12 attacks in San Diego over the years.

As soon as anyone finds out i'm a diver, it always seems like their first question is, "what about sharks?"
well? what about them?
they always want to know if i'm worried that sharks might show up while i'm diving, or what i'd do if they do show up.

well duh, i just keep diving.

some people just can't understand the concept that the ocean is full of sharks, and sharks live in the ocean. we are visiting their home, so of course they are gonna be there.

I can't remember a dive where i didn't see a shark.

well, ok, i didn't see any in the quarrey.

I always find it quite ammusing going to the beach in Sarasota in the summer. Like always, dolphins show up relitivly close to shore. And as always, when I see them, I take off for the water and try my darndest to swim out there to them; and it never fails..."Oh my God!! That's a shark!!! Don't swim out there it's a SHAAAAARK!!"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom