I did It!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oh and congratulations to the OP. The hardest part is over (I remember the first couple OW dives: I lost my buddy on the first one after he lost control of buoyancy, second one I slammed tank first onto the bottom somehow; luckily the next day was much better). Now the real fun begins.

Yes, redistribution of weight will help correct for trim. You can use trim pockets (many but I hazard to say not all BC's will have these), a weight belt, integrated weight systems, ankle weights, tank weights.....there are many ways of redistributing your weight to work with you (for you). It helps to have a good peer and mentor as well. They can critique your form underwater and help make sure the weight gets moved to the correct spot. That is on top of the million other areas that they can help out.

Congrats on the C-card. Enjoy Florida, I try to go there as much as possible since I am landlocked in Nevada. Where are you going to be diving when you are there?

Congrats on the C-card. Enjoy Florida, I try to go there as much as possible since I am landlocked in Nevada. Where are you going to be diving when you are there?

I already have 4 dives booked for Key Largo and I also have 2 dives booked in Boynton Beach.

Cheers

Congratulations. After learning to dive in those conditions, take to the tropics like a ...er...um...fish to water:D

Sounds like your instructor had his hands full; and pulled it off. You'll come to appreciate him more if you go into the professional side. Is he on this forum?

I really enjoyed your story. Have fun in Fla.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom