I did it!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations !

Congratulations!

Dive as often as you can in varied environments and never stop learning!

Have fun!

Mike

Thanks so much!
Leaving in 3 weeks for a week in Playa Del Carmen, looking for a good dive operator, any suggestions?
I want to get some time in before I do quarry diving in Illinois. Just dont like the cold water though! LOL, guess thats what wet suits are for.
Im sure santa is bringing my own equipment :)
Cant wait to get wet

nhaone:
Thanks so much!
Leaving in 3 weeks for a week in Playa Del Carmen, looking for a good dive operator, any suggestions?
I want to get some time in before I do quarry diving in Illinois. Just dont like the cold water though! LOL, guess thats what wet suits are for.
Im sure santa is bringing my own equipment :)
Cant wait to get wet
Wetsuits are for hot water :wink:
If the water is cold and you plan to dive in it.. Get hold of a drysuit (and proper training) :p

Below 60F i wouldnt want to dive in a wetsuit myself..

Tigerman:
Wetsuits are for hot water :wink:
If the water is cold and you plan to dive in it.. Get hold of a drysuit (and proper training) :p

Below 60F i wouldnt want to dive in a wetsuit myself..

My 7mill with hood and gloves works fine down to 55F +-

Dave

Congrats!!

What dive sites did you dive down there? Do tell...plz plz plz:D

Teamcasa:
My 7mill with hood and gloves works fine down to 55F +-

Dave

Been there, done that many times before I got a drysuit. It works, but brrrrrrrr! I guess some just don't get as cold as others. There was an article/interview written not long ago where the founder of Body Glove (who went on to found a company producing commercial diving helmets) mentioned surfers in So. Cal. in the early days thought wet suits were only for divers. I can't imagine being in 58-60 degree water wearing only a bathing suit...even on the surface on a board.

Back
Top Bottom