I came here for help!! Too many choices for DMT!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everyone! My name is Chris and I'm from Upstate New York. I'm 25 and have been diving since I was 12. I'm AOW certified with Nitrox certification as well. After recently doing a liveaboard in Cocos Island (those hammerheads are amazing) I've decided I need to go somewhere cool and get my Divemaster certification and possibly continue onto my IDC. All my diving has been in warm tropical waters while on vacation. There are sooooo many choices out there I don't know where to start. Can someone either point me in the direction of likeminded posts on the website or offer some insight? Much appreciated!

If you are going for DM and IDC you should probably do them in the area where you want to be employed. Learning a couple foreign languages popular with tourists may also be a good idea.

If you are going for DM and IDC you should probably do them in the area where you want to be employed. Learning a couple foreign languages popular with tourists may also be a good idea.
Agree. I've heard shops tend to favour people they've trained. Makes sense.

Why not join the Navy and become a real working Diver. I joined at 17 and went to diving school at your age. stayed 20 years, started my own Diving company. Now 73 years old still Diving, Just a suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom