I bought it , now what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

freeflow4406

Reaction score
I just ordered the DC 500 that I had asked about awhile ago. I bought it because I'm just starting in photography and the point and shoot simplicity seemed the best idea for baby steps.The camera can be carried easily in my pocket on land as well as in the water. My question is where do I go now. Do I just jump in and shoot pictures like crazy or are there objects that will look better in the cold dark waters of the Northwest. Do I have to use the flash or will the pictures look the way it looks in the screen. Any comments or help would be appreciated. Also I am going to be laid up for awhile with sinus sergery so a good book on point and shoot under water photography would be nice-any suggestions?

Well, you will only get to be a good photographer by getting in the water and shooting pictures, but a few tips won't hurt either. The more pictures you take the more good pictures you will take also. But no, the pictures won't look how they do on the screen. Use a flash! I can't stress that enough. If you don't, you will rarely get quality pics. They will usually come out dark or blue with not many colors. As for a good book, I've got just the thing. It's called Mastering Underwater Photography and it's by Carl Roessler. This is a great book that tells you many ways to get a better picture. Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom