I am CERTIFIED!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iamdoodling

Reaction score
First let me thank everyone that replied to my original post last week. All the advice about re & re my mask really helped. We had gone back to the pool on Thursday night to don all of our equipment and our new weight integrated BCs. I practiced, practiced, practiced.

Our OW went pretty well. We were doing shore diving in Monterey which was the most strenuous part. Getting out and getting back in. Actually twisting and popped my knee the last time. My husband (who is also my AWESOME dive buddy) was laughing with me at one point when I looked like a tumbling log trying to get out.

We had a sea otter rest on our float and then decided if he couldn't have it nobody could and popped the darn thing with one big bite!

I did good on all of my skills (even the mask removal). Only had to go up once when my mask kept filling and I couldn't get vertical enough to clear it. I remained calm though and everything was fine.

Hubby and I are looking forward to our next dive trip on February 17th. We only live 2 hours from Monterey so it is easy to make a day of it. I know we are definitely going to be doing boat diving and using a guide for a quite a while. Our visibility was only about 4 feet on Sunday and I don't want to take a chance and get lost.

Thanks again for all the great advice.

Corrinne

Corrinne, welcome to the world down under. You'll have a blast u/w. Keep up the skills practicing, it will always be usefull!

Congrats! Welcome to the sport. Now all you have to do is figure out how to pay for all that cool gear.

Scott:)

Welcome to the wonders of the underwater world! There's nothing wrong with guided dives, just go out and have a grand time! A good divemaster knows where to look for all the cool stuff even in low vis.! I always see so much more on our vacations when we have a divemaster with us who is familiar with the flora and fauna of the area, they point out things I'd never find on my own.

Happy diving to you!
Ber :bunny:

I'm going in for the confined/classroom part Feb. 15, 16 and 17 and will do the open water dives asap. I live in MN so it's gonna be a while before the ice melts off the lakes and warms up enough to do it. Looking forward to it though!

Congratulations!

(cue 60's music... "Oh, Happy Day!")

Now I want to swim with sea otters!

Oh well, so many cool dive sites, so little time and money...

Happy Diving,
Scuba-sass :)

Hey doodling,

I suppose I'm a little late (what else is new), but I wanted to welcome you to the board, and to the exciting sport of diving!

I also live in the Bay Area, and Monterey, you are correct, presents a wide variety of excellent dive spots. I've only been here for six months, and I don't think I'm going to get tired of Monterey for a very, very long time.

If you're ever looking for some scuba buddies, my girlfriend and I are relatively avid divers, and we're definitely willing to lend a hand -- look us up! :)

- Warren

Back
Top Bottom