I always thought Stuart Cove's was a resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know what schlep means, but i can only think that it makes you really lazy and bad!
I wonder that you don't even show up on enemy radar!

Hope you have a good trip (you bad lady!).:no:

Hee hee. Thanks for the info. Schlep is Yiddish but it has migrated to the general population like a lot of Yiddish words have because it is so descriptive. Schlep means to haul. It's funny because even on a liveaboard, doing 5 dives a day, by the end of the week, divers sit on the benches before the morning dive, just looking at each other before donning their wetsuits saying "Man, this is such a pain." :rofl3: No one I dive with has every come down on another diver for getting tired. Now, when you're a 6 ft man with lots of muscles as opposed to a middle-aged 5'2" woman who has to work hard to curl 12 lbs, there's the difference. :wink: Also, when you're short you can't carry an AL80 with your arms extended otherwise it would drag on the ground. TG a thin skin doesn't come with being *lazy* :rofl3:

:rofl3: Well, I admit I'm lazy but never too lazy to dive. I just hate schlepping stuff. In Cozumel, we had to schlep stuff every day, including weights. Add camera gear to that...and it becomes a not-too-relaxing vacation.

Thanks for the tips everyone.
Most dive operators, especially on Cozumel, have facilities for locking up your gear after diving so you don't have to haul it back every day.

I would not leave a regulator, computer, or camera/video eq. overnight. But masks, fins, wetsuits - sure.

Back
Top Bottom