Hypothetical: which brand is best?

Which manufacturers do you consider 'better'?

• A manufacturer with (close to) zero malfunctions of their products

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • A manufacturer with (close to) 100% of consumer-friendly and swift customer service

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have bought some completely crap kit for diving in the past. Far Eastern utter rubbish that barely works and fails at a moment’s notice. Concluded that you buy in haste or cheaply then you repent at leisure.

Paying good money for torches and electronics is far better in the long run. What’s strange is that you find with nearly all of the quality brands that a) the kit works, b) it is reliable and c) their customer service is excellent.

Examples; Shearwater, Halcyon, Revo, Paralenz, X-Scooters. All superb customer service. And many other similar brands.

Crappy customer service: crappy no-name Far Eastern shite, especially of the eBay tat bazaar.

The worst customer service award goes to …. Light-for-Me — why won’t you answer your emails you useless bastards?

You absolutely get what you pay for — with the exception of Light-for-Me.

Good gear is low effort in my gear locker and works well on the dive.
Good customer service still requires extra time and effort to take to the shop or send stuff off, so does not just magically get fixed free of effort on my end.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom