Hydro Optix Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had three at one point and they cost me nothing. I really tried to like them, but in the end, I deacquired them all. If you peruse earlier numerous threads on the mask you will find all sorts of opinions.
Some people love them, but the minuses outweighed the positives in the end.

Already length threads on this - which I have posted in. Do a search and you'll find them.

Howdy Chicago! I've had mine since July. I can't speak highly enough of it. It takes some getting used to, like any new equipment. The stock nylon mask strap and buckles have to go. I put my backup silicone mask strap on it, and plastic wire-tied the loose ends. I'm a little farsighted when it comes to reading my guages, but a quick-to-learn technique is to look down and make the water in the mask (there's always a little) a magnifying glass to zoom in on the guage. I've got a bushy mastache, but after a trim and some silicone grease, it seals well. Another technique is to suck through your nose to make sure the mask seals, before entry. That will show you where any potential leaks will come from. When I find a leak with that technique, I stretch my skin away from the mask, and try again.
I can only speak from experience, and this is a tool that has given me so much. I see things before everyone else, given the increase in the field of view. A pod of dolphins mating in Grand Turk? I alerted the guide before anyone else saw it. An albino catfish? That too. A Navy mine? Okay, it was fake, but I saw it first. My buddy was folowing her compass.
I am going to buy another as back-up. In the reviews I've read, Divemasters have written that they were going to buy a second as back-up. It's that good.
I tell non-divers that it's the difference between regular TV and going to an Imax Theatre.
When I come up and look for my entry point, I am extremely nearsighted. I have glasses in my BC pocket that I use. I've never been in any heavy surf. I need to practice with the lenses and keeper that come with the mask. I am sure thats why they put them in the package.
I've tried different places on my BC to mount the lenses, but I haven't found my "comfort zone".
Any input? widdahbruddah@yahoo.com.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom