Hydro Optix Mask - Is it worth the money?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used my HO mask for about one year now. Yes, it will scratch. I do use the contacts with all the attention to things that entails. However, with the contacts in, my vision is still better than I had been, uncorrected, before lasik, (9 years ago). It can be delt with. The view with the mask is everything advertised, I can read the tiny little letters in the camera screen. The field of view is wonderfull, and the distances and sizes are true. Not cheap, but in my opinion, worth it.

One more thing:
If you're into spearfishing or hunting, I found that having this mask was useful when it came to deciding whether something was legal size or not.

Since everything is at its true size and not distorted/magnified as most masks, you don't have to measure or guess to confirm the size of something.

Although, I'd guess that experienced hunters probably compensate for the magnification. But when I'd lost one of my HO masks and went on a night dive with a normal prescription mask, it really sucked to see all of these apparently legal bugs and then measure them to find out they were all too small.

Back
Top Bottom