Hydro Optix Mask - Is it worth the money?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skinfish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I clicked on the as on this site (left column) for the Hydro Optix mask. Very interesting and seems toi be logical once you read nad watch the video.

Does anyone on this forum use one of these masks? If so, is it as good as they claim? Is it worth the big dollars that they charge? Any info would be helpful as I would be interested if it is as good as they claim.

Thanks,

Doug

Is it worth the big dollars that they charge?

Only you can decide if you have more money than good sense...

:D

Though, if you DO then you may not be the right person to make that decision either.

I used to have three of them - all freebies. I used them repeatedly, but in the ocean, I hated surfacing and being blind again. I was part of their VISTA program and worked their booth at DEMA, but I guess my opinions have gotten me unlisted fromn their website.
Over time, I deacquireded them all and now have none. Other people love them to death. Try to borrow one for a while - see if it works for ya. Good luck.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. It seems outrageous for any mask to cost that much and I thought if it was that great, I'm still not sure it'd be worth it. When I found you have to be near-sighted, that took me out of any interest in the mask anyway.

My wife loves hers so far. Give her a few weeks, we will be diving in Belize for 2 weeks Jan 27- Feb 10 and I will let you know how a novice likes it. As to the cost, I do not think it cost much more than a quality script mask from most LDS.

The cost of this mask is quite reasonable when you look at all that goes into it. I regularly wear $200 plus sunglasses. They are simpler than this mask. Why do I pay so much? Because they are better than cheap sunglasses. Don't let the price be your only deciding factor. These masks will give you amazing vison underwater. Almost as close to being a fish as you can get.

I too am classed as a rep...had a few inquiries but most people do not like the idea of using contacts or more to the point,contacts that mess with topside vision.

Me....I just did not want to invest in more contacts....The mask does have a coolness about that I really like as well as other that have seen it.

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom