hydro-optix (again)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RumBum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I went and bought a hydro-optix mask with great hopes of being able to fix the nose pocket with a drimmel and a dream (yes, I am probiscuity-challenged as well as somewhat blind).
Everything seemed to be going well, until we had to put it back together. Skirt, check. Frame, check. Lenses... uh-oh. The lens just screws on? How do you get it to seal? There's no gasket or anything to make it watertight! Should there be a silicone layer or something there?

RumBum:
I went and bought a hydro-optix mask with great hopes of being able to fix the nose pocket with a drimmel and a dream (yes, I am probiscuity-challenged as well as somewhat blind).
Everything seemed to be going well, until we had to put it back together. Skirt, check. Frame, check. Lenses... uh-oh. The lens just screws on? How do you get it to seal? There's no gasket or anything to make it watertight! Should there be a silicone layer or something there?

Your nose looks cute from here. What kind of Ruger? (My well-proboscus-endowed female unit stole my High Stadard :))

Send it back to them with a note explaining why you did what you did.

Knowing them as well as I , I think the boss will smile and pop it together for you.

Hey lady, I've done field surgery in the jungle, but I have not the cojones to peel a hydro-optix assunder. Lots of moving parts in there!

Hope it works for you and your friend. That's a super mask if it works for your eyeballs. LOTS of info on this forum, just search if you are curious as to this wondrous mask.

Well, here is what happened. My hubby took it apart and did mask surgery. We used a silicone gel to re-seal between the frame and the lens. We tested it in the pool and it still had a teeeny tiny leak around the skirt so I lubed the edges with some vasoline (what a messy thing!) and that fixed her right up. So now I will be adding vasoline to my dive bag, but I can stop buying the contacts!:D
PM to Roatan Man sent.

Back
Top Bottom