HVL-80D Sony Video Lights - WTB!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beezle

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I recently purchased a Sony MPK-F40 Video Housing and have modified it to fit my Canon GL1. I am looking for a source for the two lights (HVL-80D) that mount to the handles.. I'd really love to pick some up before I do Wreck Alley in a few weeks.

Thanks

Beezle

Modify? How so?

Gotta love the GL eh?

Mark

The GL-1 actually fits in there ok as-is, the only problem is it sits back too far.. meaning you can't connect the LANC connections or underwater mic plug to the camera. Not to mention you would have to zoom the camera in a bit to alleviate any vignetting that is caused by being so far from the lens opening.

So, I built a new 'shoe' that is a tiny bit taller and holds the camera about 3 inches forward and it works great. I used a teflon kitchen cutting board of all things.

This is a great housing, I paid about $300 US for it on Ebay. Came with an 105MM color correcting filter and a travel case that is worth the $300 alone. Plus it has an underwater mic that is very interesting. You hear all the pops and clicks and strange underwater sounds with it..

Back
Top Bottom