Hurah, my housing has arrived

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssra30

Reaction score
Its here, its here, just in time for me to try it out this weekend on my quick dive trip.

dsc_0005.jpg

Will try it out in the pool tomorrow (if I get off work early enough) and see what its like then a little sea trial this weekend :eyebrow:

Woohoo! Happy birthday/Merry Xmas/Happy New Year!

I think I sense you becoming sick very soon. "Hi boss, I'm feeling a bit under the weather today and need some time to recover...."

The housing is a beauty. How heavy is the whole setup?

Oh, and welcome to the dark side, brouhahahahahaha

alredy done, already took this saturday off work so I can go diving :)
The housing without the strobe is may be just a touch heavier than my Ikelite C5050 housing.
Adding the two strobes, it is quite heavy on land, this weekend I will be with 3 other friends who have similar setup, it will be very confusing to sort out all the cameras, I think.

ssra30:
alredy done, already took this saturday off work so I can go diving :)
The housing without the strobe is may be just a touch heavier than my Ikelite C5050 housing.
Adding the two strobes, it is quite heavy on land, this weekend I will be with 3 other friends who have similar setup, it will be very confusing to sort out all the cameras, I think.
Yay! Congratulations! Mini-review, we want a mini-review!

I will try to give a little report after this weekend trip and hopefully will have some pictures to share. Since it is a brand new setup, the pictures may not be so nice. It has way too many buttons and levers than my Oly C5050/Ikelite housing.
Plan to try macro stuff first with the 70-180mm lens so I am sure a whaleshark will make an appearance.

Wow! What a nice setup. Looking forward to seeing the pics :D

How are you hooking the controllers upto the housing?

I got the Ikelite Y- sync cord with Nikonos terminal at one end which can be connected with Sea and Sea housing.

ssra30:
I got the Ikelite Y- sync cord with Nikonos terminal at one end which can be connected with Sea and Sea housing.
Which leads me to the next question: Are you happy using the triple clamps for mounting the controllers?

ReyeR:
Which leads me to the next question: Are you happy using the triple clamps for mounting the controllers?

The triple clamp is pretty solid and since it is at the base, it does not move around too much anyhow. At least that is my first initial impression.

Here are some sample pictures with my cousins in a pool, using the D70 with 12-24mm lens, compact dome port and single Ikelite DS125 with single sync cord. Unfortunately the zoom gear for the 12-24 is not here yet so I was stuck on 24mm.

aak.jpg

aal.jpg

Back
Top Bottom