Hungary Danube and WW2 wrecks now surfacing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubblesong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I read in the news about WW2 wrecks of War ships surfacing in the Danube and I did not know the Russians had left them behind. Has anyone dive these, or dove the Hungarian waters at all?

Cool. Soon we can "dive" wrecks without getting wet. I knew there had to be an upside to climate change! :wink:

Cool. Soon we can "dive" wrecks without getting wet. I knew there had to be an upside to climate change! :wink:

"Walk in" wreck tours?

I've kayaked through several wrecks, mostly in California. It's a pretty awesome experience!

I'm from Hungary, so I'm diving here a lot. :)
The problem is that diving in Danube is forbidden.
I have a few commercial divers friends who are used to do that when on "mission", on industrial works or bomb disposal. (or if bad luck hits body recovery missions... :( )
That problem with Danube that is has quite fast flow with impressive water ammount, so diving in it is done with heavy equipment. Very heavy, just walking on the bed and being massively overweighted, otherwise you wouldn't have a chance to stay in place.
And another - although smaller - problem that it has zero visibility, you could literaly bump your head into anything earlier than you can see it. :)

Back
Top Bottom