Humpback Whale, Tonga galleries finally done

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beautiful pics of the humpback whale.

On Labor Day, I saw blue whales breaching while returning from boat diving off of Santa Catalina Island (just off the coast of Los Angeles).

I think that they are great pics. Diving/snorkeling with whales is on must do before I die list. Very nice job, I enjoyed viewing them.

Regards,

Bill

Thanks for the kind words. Yes this is one of those trips you should move to the top of your list. Given all the sad news about marine populations at least one bright spot is in Tonga they think it may be a record year for calve sightings.

Last edited:
We stayed at the Mounu Island Resort. It was a great spot. Your own private Island, only four cabins, power is mainly solar, rainwater fed. No AC but fans and nice hot showers. Food was very good to excellent. They are not set up for diving but can arrange it with a friendly shop. We got there early to do a little diving knowing the area is not well known for it. But we got hit with a storm out of New Zealand and only got out for a couple of dives. It was ok but not worth hauling all the gear there. If we go again I would just spend more time whale watching or stop in Fiji and get a couple of days diving there and move on to Tonga. Some pics of the island in the "Detail" gallery at our website. They did have a great resident school of sardines that we had fun snorkeling in. Accommodation in Tonga at Mounu private island resort

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom