Huge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CheddarChick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
NEWBIE QUESTION: Please don't laugh. How do I make my pictures smaller so when I e-mail them or post them they aren't King Kong sized.
CheddarChick:11:

PaintShop Pro of Photoshop will do the trick.

There are other tools available as well.

Thanks Big Guy,
I have PS elements 4. And am still just learning the process, any quick tips would be appreiciated.

The viewer that came with your camera (the disc) will have a re-size option on it. It may have a "save for eMail" option as well - some do.

If you resize to 640 X 480 your image will usually be less than 200k - which will be fine for anyone on broadband.

---
Ken

Are you looking for generalities or specific keystrokes? I'm sorry, your question is a little vague. If you are looking for specifics, then here it is:

Photoshop

1. Open the original image and immediately re-save under a new filename. This preserves the original image.

2. Go to Image > Resize, then fill in the blanks in the RESIZE box:

3. Reset to 72 DPI for Internet

4. Ensure "proportional" box is checked

5. Resize to 640x480 (pretty standard) or whatever size is appropriate.

6. Save as a JPEG at MAXIMUM quality from the pull-down menus on the SAVE box.

7. Re-save at slightly lower and lower quality levels (HIGH, MEDIUM, LOW) until you get to a quality level that appears unsatisfactory (grainy, loss of colors).

8. Then hit EDIT > UNDO over and over until you backup to the lowest quality JPEG with a satisfactory appearance.

9. This should give you the smallest file with an acceptable appearance.

10. If you screw-up, close all your files and start again at step 1. The key is save under a new filename in step 1 so that your original is preserved.

MS Paint (comes with all Windows products) works fine as well for resizing if you already are using Office.

If you have PSE 4 it is real easy

Open the picture > Click file then save for web > enter your dimensions (I use 600x what ever automatically comes up) > select your quality > Save under new name, best in a new file called email or something like that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom