Huatulco (Oaxaca) or Belize?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrSteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a conference in Huatalco in November. Needless to say I want to go scuba diving. When I looked at the map, it looked like Belize was "close." So given a choice between the two...any thoughts?

Thanks!

I'm researching Huatulco for a July trip now, and I would bet that "just an inch on the map" between Huatulco and Belize will almost certainly be prohibitive to "pop by" Belize. You would have to fly through Mexico City, which would cost you a day's travel.

I can tell you that Roberto at Hurricane Divers in Huatulco is promptly communicative and quite helpful. I had no response whatsoever from the other two area shops I emailed, neither of which are agency-affiliated.

Although there are no trip reports from Huatulco that I've found on Scubaboard (I might be the very first!), there was a posted recommendation from a long-time Pacific Coast sailor that Huatulco has the best diving on the Mexican Pacific Coast. (Presumably not including the Sea of Cortez.)

I've been to Huatulco a couple of years running. Went out with Hurricane both times. Well run operation. Good equipment. Dive master, Nata, makes for a very comfortable time.

Thank you. Hurricane Divers has been very easy to deal with and gave me prices with none of the usual issues. We'll be diving with them for sure :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom