http://www.excellentbonaire.com/

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikswi

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, who's stayed at this place? I already searched scubaboard, all I got was references to the windsock dive site.

My LDS is looking into going here. They usually stay at the Plaza but times are hard for everybody and some people are saying they cannot afford to go, so he found this place. The price is UNBELIEVABLE @ about $1,100 per person including air! This includes unlimited shore diving, rental truck, and 2 BDR villa.

I just think its too good to be true, its about $500 off their listed prices on their site. Maybe because he takes 22-25 people to Bonaire for the past 14 years? I dont know, I just dont want my first trip to Bonaire to be in some rat hole. I wont enjoy it and my wife will never go for one of my ideas again.

So.....anybody stay here? Did you like it? Comments please........
Thanks

We were just in Bonaire in June, we stayed in Belnem just down from Windsock so we drove by it at least a dozen times. It looked pretty nice and newer from the outside, but if memory serves it's not on the water, don't know if that's important to you. It's just north of Bachelors' beach though, which is both a small strip of beach and a divesite. Of course if you have a vehicle, it won't matter. It's a good mile or two to town from there - too far to walk. Belnem is nice, it's a quiet residential area at night, not that anything in Bonaire is exactly exciting.

I found a thread on bonairetalk about it from people who've stayed there:

http://www.bonairetalk.com/newsgroup/messages/24/152285.html

hope this helps,

I stay at the Belmar Apartments when I go to Bonaire
because it is right on the ocean.
I have personally toured the grounds and the Apartments at the Windsock. I have toured alot of the places in Bonaire:
Captain Dons, Divers Paradise, Caribbean Club, Black Durgeon, The Plaza, Eden Beach, Sandollar, Carib Inn,
Belafonte, Holiday Homes, Windsock (and many more).
I have also stayed at Buddy Dive as well as the Belmar.

If I was not going to stay on the ocean, I would stay at the
Windsock or Divers Paradise or Carribean Club. The Winsock is the nicest of the these three places by far, but I like the other two for logistic reasons (i.e., they are close to Buddy Dive for the Diving) I would dive with Toucan if I stayed at the Windsock. Email me if you and other questions. You will be happy at the Windsock

darren

Thanks, I guess we are booked now at the Windsock. I will let you all know

I have not stayed there but the area is pretty nice and based on the site photos it looks fine, besides it's on Bonaire, it can't be bad. I have fond most of the photos used by resorts on Bonaire to be pretty accurate.

"I just think its too good to be true, its about $500 off their listed prices on their site. Maybe because he takes 22-25 people to Bonaire for the past 14 years? I dont know, I just dont want my first trip to Bonaire to be in some rat hole. I wont enjoy it and my wife will never go for one of my ideas again."

I looked at the pricing and I am not sure how you come up with a $500 saving. If you look under their specials, the cost for 1 person staying in a 2 br with 3 other people is $375 + $75= $450 ( the $75 is $300/4 for vehicle.) I am not sure what your airfare is but ours runs around $700 which adds up to $1150. I am assuming you will have another couple bunking with you as that's the way most dive trips work.

herman:
I have not stayed there but the area is pretty nice and based on the site photos it looks fine, besides it's on Bonaire, it can't be bad. I have fond most of the photos used by resorts on Bonaire to be pretty accurate.

"I just think its too good to be true, its about $500 off their listed prices on their site. Maybe because he takes 22-25 people to Bonaire for the past 14 years? I dont know, I just dont want my first trip to Bonaire to be in some rat hole. I wont enjoy it and my wife will never go for one of my ideas again."

I looked at the pricing and I am not sure how you come up with a $500 saving. If you look under their specials, the cost for 1 person staying in a 2 br with 3 other people is $375 + $75= $450 ( the $75 is $300/4 for vehicle.) I am not sure what your airfare is but ours runs around $700 which adds up to $1150. I am assuming you will have another couple bunking with you as that's the way most dive trips work.
The $500+- savings I was referrring to was, the price that the shop paid for last years trip-staying at the plaza, which included airfare. Airfare out of Logan (Boston) is $505

I will be going with the family (5) so all expenses for my unit cannot be split....My 2 youngest stay for free in the room but the air for them is reduced to $378. So all said, its a savings of about a couple thousand-making it realistic to go, compared to last years prices at the plaza.

Ah, now I understand, different places, my mistake. The Plaza is one of the more "upscale" resorts on Bonaire so they are usually more expensive than a lot of the other places. Wished I could get air for $500, it's usually closer to 700 from here. I found a small place for $250pp that we like for quick trips but it's a "dive resort", nothing fancy but all I want is a bed, AC and a shower. You will enjoy Boniare, good food, great people and great diving. I am getting PBD bad, it's the only down side of going to Bonaire, you can't wait to get back. (PBD- Post Bonaire Depression :) )

Back
Top Bottom