HTS 2 help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drewdawg1977

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Greetings!

i just bought an HTS 2 with weight pockets, STA and a steel backplate. I bought the backplate for rigidity and weight distribution. I am new to this harness/backplate game and my question is: where do I mount the backplate? Do I mount it on the inside of the harness (so that it is closest to my back) or should it go on the outside or the harness (so that it is closest to the wing?)

Thanks scubaboard community for all of your usual great advice!

drewski

Here is a copy of the manual, with the HTS 2 instructions at page 25. Looking at it, I can't see how a backplate will fit. Why not just bundle it back up and exchange it for a simpler(and very much cheaper) one piece harness?

Ahh right you are. I thought OP was speaking of a standard harness. Hts 2 is a soft plate not needing the backplate. I would also recommend exchanging for a webbing harness now that you allready own the backplate...

Did you figure out how to set up your HTS? I was looking into an HTS 2 as well and a sales guy told me that the single cylinder mounting plate would add extra rigidity although from the Hollis website, it doesn't really show it as necessary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom