HP tanks and Yoke valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I found some true HP tanks (3500 psi) for sale. I have the HP130 (3442 psi) tanks with the pro-valve that is convertible from DIN to Yoke as I have Yoke regulators. Can I purchase and insert to put in the DIN valves on the true HP tanks so I can use them with my Yoke valves, or are these not compatible?

Yea, you can buy inserts. To the best of my knowledge tanks rated at 3442 still have valves rated for 3500psi. hell, you may even be able to put the inserts from your other tanks on those if the threaded part isn't that deep.

I found some true HP tanks (3500 psi) for sale. I have the HP130 (3442 psi) tanks with the pro-valve that is convertible from DIN to Yoke as I have Yoke regulators. Can I purchase and insert to put in the DIN valves on the true HP tanks so I can use them with my Yoke valves, or are these not compatible?

No, the 3500 psi valves should have nine threads while the 3442 convertible valves (and their inserts) have seven threads.

No, the 3500 psi valves should have nine threads while the 3442 convertible valves (and their inserts) have seven threads.
That is what I thought, do they make valve inserts for the 9 thread valves?

Wouldn't do you any good. the true 3000 bar valves are usually too deep to fit a yoke over and even if they are not, usually lack the dimples to locate the yoke screw. They were designed deliberately to not accept 200 bar DIN or yokes, so it should be no surprise that converting them is not easy.

That is what I thought, do they make valve inserts for the 9 thread valves?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom