HP seat problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mel.B

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a set of Mares V16 Proton regs that were recently serviced (only 12months old). The first dive after they were serviced I noticed that my primary was constantly flowing, but would stop momentarily when I breathed in or put air in the BC. I took them back to the shop and they told me there is a problem with the HP seat. I'm just wondering how common is this immediately after a service or have they done a dodgy job?

Mel

They might've done a crappy job, not cleaned the needle/piston, or not even replaced the parts. (HP seats are "usually" included in the parts kits)
Or there might be the proverbial eyelash that sneaked in when they weren't looking.
Bring 'em back to the place where you had them done, they're supposed to take care of stuff like that.
They gave you the old parts back, right?

Sometimes manufacturers get a "bad batch" of HP seats...happens occasionally.

Wouldn't sweat it.

Yep, got the old parts back. They are going to fix it and then courier the regs to me as it's a 1 1/2 hour drive each way to the shop, so that's something. They're just lucky I didn't have a go at them for charging me $3.85 to replace a cable tie that didn't need replacing.

Mel

... charging me $3.85 to replace a cable tie ...
I was wondering where to invest some $$ at, looks like CABLE TIES are where the big money is to be made. :crafty:

Hats off to them for delivering the regs though, that makes them sound like a responsible outfit.

Back
Top Bottom