HP air spool for Pro Plus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I would like to get a spare High pressure air spool with O-rings for my Oceanic Pro Plus 2 (no quick connect). Can someone tell me the proper one for the Pro Plus. There seems to be 3 or 4 types of replacement spools available on the market.
Thanks,
Tom

Last edited:
I swapped my hose out on a Pro Plus 2.1 from the original QD hose to a braided line with a standard fitting. You will need a standard HP ‘spool’ which can be obtained from most scuba supply shops (DGX sells them for 75 cents, with o-rings). The ‘spool’ is a fine orifice transfer tube with a flange in the middle and -003 O-rings on each end. The key to its operation is that it floats due to the outer hose fitting threads bottoming out on the receiver fitting just prior to the flange being pinched between receiver fitting and the internal hose fitting. This in turn allows the fitting to float and the two pieces (hose and computer) can swivel while the O-rings seal the gas path. The problem with the Pro Plus is that the receiver threads on the fitting are of a non-standard ‘extended length’ which causes the hose fitting to bottom out on the spool flange which in turn locks the two pieces in to a fixed position and you cannot rotate them once tightened.
I found a work around. The Pro Plus HP fitting receiver threads can be shimmed with a couple washers. I used a couple thin SS flat washers to shim the receiver which allowed a standard HP hose to work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom