HP 120

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Below you will observe the model who is furnishing a Faber 232bar 120, three litre pony combination

This rig being so unruly that it has already pulled the diver onto his side on the way to complete turtle

full.jpg

You may notice the smile looks more like a squint and isn't bigger so as not to crack my mask seal

Here is a 300bar din valve solution pre finishing

full.jpg

I'm quite happy to be bigger except for the extra hides of neoprene required

full.jpg

Far more manageable if you stay diving on your front

full.jpg

Very good!

Thank you all for your input! So for anyone else who watched this thread, here is my final input.

1.The 300bar din valve does NOT fit between the yoke and therefore cannot be converted to a yoke tank
I ended up just swapping my first stage yoke to a DIN fitting instead and it works great now (I wanted DIN to begin but got a great deal on these regs so didn't pass up the deal)

2. Being 5'7" 175lbs, decently fit and 25 years old I didn't find the tank to be too heavy OR too long for my liking. Didn't even notice the length at all really.

3. The extra air is amazing being a newer diver so I don't have to worry so much about my air consumption while I'm still perfecting my buoyancy in my drysuit. Obviously I keep an eye on it but I seem to be finishing every drive with ~1400psi left while my friends on 80s are half that. When I dive with my very experienced friend using 100 we seem to match our pressures (for now)

Very happy with the tank! Would not buy another but I'm glad I have it. Next tanks will be a twin set of HP100

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom