Howto service a Mares Epos 2nd stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nudi

Registered
Reaction score
Mares seems to have done a good job of making this reg childproof.

Anybody out there know how to remove the front cover? Anybody servicing this reg yourself?

Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

This can usually be done with an alan wrench? As i tell most people, it is far better and worth the money to have a professional service your reg, it is lifesupport equipment!

People who dont dive, dont know what it feels like to dive. To explore a territory that we physically should not be able to explore.

If it's like earlier models, look on the side of the reg for the head of a small plastic pin. Pull it out with your fingernail and then you'll be able to turn the cover off with a pin spanner or some suitable tool that won't gack the plastic.
To put the cover back on, screw it down tight til the holes line up again and replace the pin.
Neil

Duh... I had tried everything with that little lock pin, except simply pulling it out. That did the trick.

Thanks Neil!

---

SSIdiver02,

I agree with you that reg maintenance shouldn't be taken lightly, and I'm not trying to save a buck. I just had my reg in for annual service by a professional, and got it back with a new-found tendency to freeflow. I checked that the intermediate pressure from the 1st stage is within spec, and I believe the 2nd stage is just slightly misadjusted. I can either send it back for another week, or probably fix it myself in 15 minutes.

You might be able to do this through the side port, which can be opened with a 6mm allen wrench as you said. But I wasn't able to fit a tool through this narrow opening to make the adjustment, hence the need to open the front.

Thank you too for your input.

-Nudi(branch)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom