How's this wetsuit combo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fuzzybabybunny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm a first time wetsuit buyer and first time freediving fin buyer. Diving in Nor Cal (55F water) but I'm a pretty warm bodied person.

I'm buying from LeisurePro because of the cheap prices.

5mm Henderson Insta-Dry Full Suit - $300, supposedly the same warmth as regular 7mm suits, and quick drying and doesn't smell

5mm Henderson Insta-Dry Hood - $55

3mm Pinnacle Stealth Fin Sock - $25

3mm Henderson Gold Core Glove - $27

Jbl Esclapez Freediving Full Foot Fins - $143

Total: $550

I have wide feet and wear a size 8 4EEEE. Will the socks be ok? Maybe a size 10 sock and a size 10 Jbl Esclapez fin?

$550 is the most I'd like to spend, and would like to even go cheaper. I can't really save any further on the fin, but the rest I could, especially the wetsuit. Not sure what to do.

I don't think the 5mm will be warm enough for our local waters (currently dive in Carmel & Monterey). Most of the wetsuit divers use 6.5mm and 7.0mm suits layered with a vest or in a two piece setup.

If you get cold quickly as I do, you should get the 7mm thickness. You're always fine at the surface but it's a depth that you find if the suit works.

Claude

Back
Top Bottom