How's this Ebay deal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thijsie

Registered
Reaction score
I am wondering one thing though, here in the Netherlands with our extraordinarily thin and tall sizes, I fit into a size S perfectly, though according to their size charts, which are probably made for slightly bulkier Americans (no offence), A size XS would still need a minimum weight of 115lbs, and I only wheigh about 110.
Having second thoughts, and its about to end...
Would this size S, of which the other measurements match, just be too bulky, not being on a 130lbs person?
Thanks,
Thijs

the one thing that really makes no sense to me is a "semi-dry" suit. i dive with either a wet suit or a dry suit. ( unless i have a seal leak in my dry suit, then i guess that it would be a semi-dry suit). but a semi-dry suit isn't that kinda like semi-pregnant? i understand the theory behind the semi-dry suit, but from what i've seen the only advantage to a semi-dry over a dry suit is the $. if you are goiing to dive dry, then dive dry. ken

As far as I'm aware, it completely restricts water flow, so what gets in, stays in, which provides the warmth, and doesn't leave.
I'll let you know what its like when it gets here :D

It looks like a good deal. It is small though so maybe that is why it is such a great price! I bet it will be just fine, congrats on a good deal!

Thijsie:
As far as I'm aware, it completely restricts water flow, so what gets in, stays in, which provides the warmth, and doesn't leave.
I'll let you know what its like when it gets here :D

That is somewhat faulty thinking but more or less the premise. If it COMPLETELY restricted water flow it would be a dry suit. Moreover, cold water doesn't provide warmth, but rather robs the body of warmth. Yes, once the water is warmed by your body, assuming it stays in your semi-dry suit and is restricted completely, it will allow you to be wamer than in a wet suit because the cold water isn't always replacing the warmer water but it won't keep you much more warmer than a well fitting wet suit. It is the neoprene that really keeps you warm. SO for this reason I also agree to go dry or go wet and don't waste money taking chances on something in between that may not fit and isn't very popular anyway. JMHO's. Good luck and please let us know how it works. Hopefully very well!:wink:

Haven't had time to dive it yet, but did already try it on. I think it fits quite good, a bit large maybe but I'll grow into it :).
The seals still need some stretching, and I need some practice on how to put it on in less than 15 minutes.
My only real concern is with the boots, they only barely fit, and I could do with 1 or 2 sizes bigger, but I don't know how I could do this. Any help?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom