Howdy yall!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CowtownConch

Registered
Reaction score
Howdy,

After a long hiatus and a couple of moves, I find my self in north texas with a desire to get back into diving....sssooo, I decided to meet up with some folks at PK last weekend. I met some good people and had fun, even though the PK vis left much to be desired.

Looking forward to meet others in the future.

Cheers,
Eric

Come on out to CSSP sometime!

Thanks. I'm planning on coming out there in the near future. Is the water pleasant enough to be without a wetsuit or is that fairly essential? It's the one item I really need to acquire, but haven't done it yet. I really didn't need one in FL, and now it's coming back to haunt me. :-(

Thanks again,
Eric

Welcome to the board and back to diving.... you'll find lots of very informative forums and great friendly people in here.

Maria

CowtownConch:
Is the water pleasant enough to be without a wetsuit or is that fairly essential?
Eric

Well...that depends on your cold tolerance. Surface at CSSP this time of year is around 80ish...the thermo. at around 22-24 ft. was upper 60s a couple of weeks ago...and the second thermo. is usually somewhere in the 50s. If you stay shallow it's O.K., but we usually dip into the thermo. for a bit.

Wetsuit? Yup, I wear a 6.5mm...some wear 5s, some 3s., some 7s. You might want to rent one in F.W. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom