howdy from Western New York

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi there folks,

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Name is Magnus, and I've been diving for a few years now.

I had been directed to this forum because I'm heading to the Red Sea in a month. Probably going to be asking some questions so my trip goes smoothly. It's my first "Big time" scuba trip. I've been to the gulf of mexico and other dive areas, but never been really away for a scuba trip!

If I could.. I would like to pick some peoples brains on these topics:

Any suggestions for a carry-on bag that can fit dive regulators, computer, a apple 15 inch laptop, and accomodate the dive camera. Thinking I should get a backpack rather than the typical shoulder strap variety.

Diving in other countries what should I really be concerned about?

DAN insurance is it as important as I've read about?

Thanks folks

MagnusApollo:
DAN insurance is it as important as I've read about?

DAN or some dive insurance is important....don't dive without it.

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

For questions about the Red Sea, you might want to go to our Africa/Middle East forum. And we have a General Travel forum for that sort of thing. Call you airline, and ask how many bags you can check, how many you can carry on, the demensions and weights allowed for each, and you'll know your limitations, then - go from there. They'll usually allow a "personal bag" large enough for a laptop, and you can always pay for extra beyond the limits.

Yes, dive insurance, travel insurance, and gear & luggage insurance are all good ideas...

don

BTW - it would really help if you'd fill out your Profile - so we can respect your training and experiences, or be courteous if you're a newbie?!

:D

Hi there!

Welcome to SB!

I would suggest you check your airlines carry-on limits. You might be able to carry your laptop and camera both in separate bags as well as taking the regular "carry-on" bag. I've been able to do this without issue.
DAN insurance is highly recommended BUT it's not the only dive insurance provider out there. Take a look around and find the coverage that best suits you!!

Diverlady

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom