Howdy fro S. Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepwater

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi ya'll I'm a retired Navy diver currently working as a commercial diver at Seaworld. This looks like a great place to visit......

dw

Welcome aboard, sir.

Seaworld - Sounds like fun! [I know - It's work, but then you should sit at my desk for awhile!]

You've got lots of TX compatriots on the Board - We have our most intense discussions in the Texas Swamp Diving Team area near the bottom of the board!

Welcome

Desk jobs sucked, for me, so I went back to the good life. Seaworld is a fun place. Not the greatest pay, but the best office in town. I work on everything under water, everywhere in the park. I fix filtration, lighting, sound, video and hydrolic equipment. I repare the ramps at ski lake, find crap lost in the pools and run the hell out of a hull scrubber. I dive in water from 3-50 feet and from 36-80 degrees, all in one day. I usually log about 600 dives per season.

That is very interesting. Never even considered that Seaworld would use divers.

Welcome to the Board.

DD

That sounds like a great post retirement job.

The Dallas zoo aquarium uses volunteer divers up here. I plan on doing that as soon as I finish up a few other projects.

Welcome,

TwoBit

Let's pipe you aboard. Glad you could join us. You'll find a lot of good folks here.
Enjoy,
Larry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom