How you add weight?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jetwrench

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have not yet had my A95 wet yet, but hear that it will be positively buoyant in the Canon case without more weight. I'm picking the brains of those that have this or a similiar setup to find a simple way to make it nuetral. (I have no add-ons)

Jet

Jetwrench:
I have not yet had my A95 wet yet, but hear that it will be positively buoyant in the Canon case without more weight. I'm picking the brains of those that have this or a similiar setup to find a simple way to make it nuetral. (I have no add-ons)

Jet

i have tested my canon a95 with wpdc50 case and it is not positevely buoyant at all. it will sink. if you really want to get the add ons canon sells special weights for your camera but personally i dont think you need em.

Thanks, Spoon!

I've never added weight to my Canons. Yes, they are a little positive. This doesn't impact my shooting and I almost always carry the camera in my hand instead of hooking it onto my bc. When I need to hands free I usually slide it up over my elbow - stays out of the way, I know I won't lose it.

Jetwrench:

Jet

Jetwrench, two ways to add weights. You can buy the Canon weight set which I hear is expensive or drive down to your local Home Depot/ Lowes or any hardware shop and bring your housing along. Find a bolt that will fit the thread in the bottom. Then just get a bunch of washers. According to the Canon website the A95/WP-DC50 (see link below) requires just 1 of the Canon weights which is 2.1oz (60g) if you want to be specific.

http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/uwphoto/page/16-e.html

personally, I didn't find the positive buoyancy an issue when I was using the S70 alone which I used to clip to my BCD.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom