How wet is it?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bananas75

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi,

Im going to be in SE Asia for three weeks in september and am struggling to find any availability, so I am starting to look at the Philippines as an option, the only thing thats putting me off is the weather! Does any one have any experience of it in September, how wet actually is it? Contstant downpour 24/7 or a couple of hurs a day?

Also any recommendations for a four night stay easily accessible with a reputable centre would be fantastic.

Cheers

Bananas

Sept is peak typhoon season in northern PI, so possible lots of rain, or very little. Depends on if there are any typhoons in the area. Cebu and points south not too bad for weather though as they don't get as many typhoons

lots of room in Lembeh in Sept...haha

what i understood is that rain is pretty likely. But if its not raining it will be a lot of clouds, not many tourists and closed restaurants (or nothing available lol)

Was in Sabang, probably one of the most touristy areas in PH, till July. Which is the rain season and I could really see the amount of people drop from May to July. Dunnow about september if that trend continued there wont be a lot to do than. Diving itself is also affected by the dad wheather

but agian; i wasnt there in septmeber. Just telling what i heard

I'll be in PG in mid-late September and looking forward to it.

It certainly shouldn't be constant downpour 24/7 for more than a couple of days at a time :D

and if you're diving, you'll be wet anyway...

I spent the whole of September last year in the Philippines. Although it rained sometimes the weather was surprisingly good and I got some great diving in. A lot is down to luck.
Just be careful to check the weather reports if you are going any distance by sea. I crossed from Coron to El Nido in a Banca and was nearly lost at sea.. really.

:fear: :trainwreck:

September is not typically bad weather. Chance of a bit of rain, but that goes for every month other than May and April really....

I wouldn't let it put me off a trip...guaranteed the sun will shine more than it rains[as long as there's no storms :)]

A good guide is accuweather; I check the dive area before I plan a weekend dive. It's been quite accurate from my experience. Next weekend I will try Puerto Galera as Saturday is supposed to be clear.

I don't think you will every see the 24/7 constant rain like you see during a monsoon, unless you are in a storm of typhoon or tropical proportions.

Go for it, as mentioned above, alot is left to luck, but you will probably see more sun than rain.

Have fun

Cheers for the replies, I might have a few days between stops in Malaysia, so it really will be a last minute weather dependant trip. Although I do like a good storm, so if one comes up I might go anyway!

Bananas

Monsoon season means lots or rain, and on top of that typhoons visit often: thats a lot more rain and very strong winds and sometimes no go in terms of water transport, but between all that you can get a beautiful balmy days at a time, its the luck of the draw, so good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom