How well do the scuba pro twin jet fins work?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

riversnake04

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
i plan on getting a pair of the twin jets and im just wondering how good they do under certain conditions
i like to wreck diving and they are short and stubby which is a plus but im wondering how much power do you get out of them ??
thanks

I have SP jets and love them. If you have strong legs you can really move in the water and they are very maneuverable. Last fins I will ever buy unless my knees don't last.

Love mine, Free and smooth. If you won't speed go with 30" free diver.

I have a pair of XL Twin Jets I am selling with spring straps.

What you want are Jet fins for Wreck diving or any other type of technical diving. Then buy/make a pair of spring straps. The reason the Jets are superior over Twin Jets, is because you have better control and the increased ability to back-up with Jets. How you kick is completely different in an overhead environment since the flutter kick will silt out the bottom. Of course once learned you will stick with a frog kick all the time.

that depends who you ask, I would say that as far as splits go the Twins are some of the worst out there, they work, but just barely. If you want splits get the Apollos or the ForceFin Foils.

When you say wreck diving you need to be a little more clear, are you talking about penetration diving or are you talking about recreational diving on wrecks. They are two completely different things.

I have SP Twin Jets, size XL, and they are a bit wide. They rub sometimes and you train yourself to widen your legs when kicking. I feel they have great control and are totally indestructible and will last forever. I'm sort of medium on them overall. Demo them if you can. People like the force fins too.

i plan on getting a pair of the twin jets and im just wondering how good they do under certain conditions
i like to wreck diving and they are short and stubby which is a plus but im wondering how much power do you get out of them ??
thanks

If you have bad knees or ankles, the twin-jets are awesome. If you're looking for power and maneuverability, get the plain jets.

I have one bad knee and another one that's thinking about being bad, and the twin-jets are the difference between diving and not diving. However if you're young and in god shape and thinking about things like swimming against the current in Cozumel, they're not the right fin.

Terry

Back
Top Bottom