How to wear Pinnacle suit & hood?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pseudocyber

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm a newbie - so please forgive this naive question - I bought a Pinnacle 3mm Elastiprene Merino and Hood. The suit has a "rubber" neck which seems to want to roll "inside" the suit. The hood has two necks - the one underneath is neoprene with merion lining under, and "rubber" starting about 1/2 way up on the outside and then the "rubber" becomes the under of the second neck, with neoprene on the outside.

So, does the first inner neck go against the skin, then the rubber neck of the wetsuit, then the outer neck of the hood?

I just don't want to look too stupid when I'm trying to figure it out when I go out to use it.

Thanks!

I believe the whole thing will go under the wetsuit. I think the idea is that the rubber of the wetsuit neck seal (which pinnacle wetsuit's have) will sit against the rubber of the hood, and create a nice seal. Did that make sense? :)

I agree with the above for the most part. I have 3mm, 5mm and 7mm Pinnacles. Only problem that i have is when I wear the 7mm with the hood that it's almost too much material bunched up so I then wear my hood on the outside. Not the preferred method, but is more comfortable for me. I don't have that problem with my 5mm so then I wear the entire hood in.

Cheers and Safe Diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom