how to use DataLog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattlavallee

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I just bought a Zen Air (my first DC) and am attempting to use the provided software with it. I don't have any dive data on the DC yet, but am having a lot of difficulty understanding how to get the software talking with the dive computer. I've gotten version 1.0.3 and installed the current drivers for the DC.

First of all, when I plug in the DC, it does a 120 sec countdown on the watch display. What the heck is it waiting for me to do? The "help" file says something about clicking the test interface button in the menu bar. There is no test interface button in my menu bar. Also when I click on the Dive Computer in the Configuration sidebar in DataLog, it doesn't show any info on the DC that is plugged in, and it won't let me enter the serial number. The DataLog program saves my user info but not any of my settings, and it resets what I've entered into the DC every time I plug it in.

I have to say, this program is baffling. How about a tutorial that opens automatically the first time the program is opened, like every other program developed in the last 5 years? The DC came with a user manual which talks you through using the DC itself, but mentions very little about the PC software.

Hi-
If the software and drivers have been properly installed, you can open the DataLog program and click on Help located at the top of the window. This will open the DataLog Help index that has several items for reference that include setting up the DataLog software options, downloading/uploading computer or dive data, connecting your IQ to the PC, troubleshooting and much more.
In order to download data, you would need to have dives first.
Here are links to pdf's of the "Download From Dive Computer" and PC-USB Connection Troubleshooting.

When you get to the download data screen click the blue play button. It will put in serial number and the setting you have on the watch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom