How to turn off an Analox O2EII?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The batteries say 'low' for a long time before failing.

The oxygen cell will eventually give up the ghost. You can get OEM replacements which work well and are half the price of the official replacement.

The power button is only to turn it on, there is no manual "off" switch. Just let it sit and it will time out after about 10 minutes and power itself off. My batteries lasted several years. Forget which brand I've used but it has only been Energizer or Duracell.

I use the cell saver cap and only need to replace the cell every 5-6 years, but I get the low battery icon after only a few months no matter which battery I use.

I use the cell saver cap and only need to replace the cell every 5-6 years, but I get the low battery icon after only a few months no matter which battery I use.
I use the white cap too, but have to replace my sensor every few years and battery every few years. Sounds like you have the better deal, considering a battery is only a buck or two and the sensor runs about $130.

There’s much cheaper OEM options for replacement Analox cells:

Back
Top Bottom