How to store a wet dome port during a dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tinyocean

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I bought a seafrogs 4" wet dome port to play around but I have a bit of an issue now. I mostly take macro pictures with my camera so I may need to remove the dome port, if required, during the dive. As it is a plastic lens I fear it will scratch immediately so it hasn't been in the water yet.

I am looking for ideas on what to do with it and how to protect it if removed or if installed and not taking pictures. I don't have pockets anywhere. I do have an option of buying a glue-on pocket for my wetsuit but I am not sure this will be comfortable.

My partner has one of these on her setup, of course you need a bayonet mounted wet lens and strobe arms.
1716423026927.jpeg

This is the lens:
So it has a 67mm thread.

I could get a 67mm thread adapter from your usual overseas store for cheap and mount it somewhere on my rig to store the port.

How would I best protect it? I was thinking of some sort of neoprene cover but I wasn't able to find one for this size. It should also withstand the pressure so it won't compress at 40m too much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom