How to set (underwater mode) using the Canon G11 housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The.Cancerian

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi All..
I have the G11 WP-DC34 Housing, today after i fixing the camera in it and when i was in the water i realized that i forgot to set it to Underwater mode, so i tried doing that using the case but i couldnt.
What i turned it to SCN i got the portrait settings but i didnt know how to change it to underwater, is there a way to do it using the case or not?

Underwater mode in the Canon G11 is a white balance option. I do not have your housing, but I would think that you can access the white balance options in your housing. To get to white balance press the func set button (the one in the middle of the dial). It will bring up a list of options on the left of your screen. When you get it up to the white balance options, underwater is one of the last options you will scroll to. If you are using a strobe, you probably want to use AUTO for white balance. If you are shooting RAW, you can fool with the white balance to your heart's content in post processing.

Don't you hate when that happens??? This has been discussed before, with respect to the G10 and the DC 28 housing. Short version -now that you are back on land, pull out your manual and read how to set the "shortcut" button to allow you to access white balance from just that button without having to go through the usual steps. If you DO have to use the full sequence, you can not "spin" the wheel on the back while in the Canon housing, so you have to "toggle" left or right instead. Really not a big deal, just try it.
Tom

Hi All..
I have the G11 WP-DC34 Housing, today after i fixing the camera in it and when i was in the water i realized that i forgot to set it to Underwater mode, so i tried doing that using the case but i couldnt.
What i turned it to SCN i got the portrait settings but i didnt know how to change it to underwater, is there a way to do it using the case or not?

Using the 5 button control cluster, Push the Center button (FUNC SET) to get the setup menu on the left side of the LCD. The top choice is White Balance. Push the Right Button to walk through the WB choices. When it comes to the fish icon, push the center button to select that mode.

I found this over-corrected the red, way too red, for my shooting at most depths. I prefer to use the Custom White Balance setting and shoot the sand as a reference at my depth.

Back
Top Bottom