DIR- Generic How to secure the back pad on a halcyon backplate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boyan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello,

I recently bought a halcyon infinity BC. It comes with a back pad, you are supposed to screw on with bolts and nuts, which look like these:

halcyon%20storage%20pak%20bolt%20kit%2003.png

However, when I screw the screw in, the whole thing starts to turn (bolt and nut). What is supposed to hold the nut in place, while you screw the screw in? Are you supposed to hold the nut with pliers? I don't understand. I read the manual, but its pretty short and the video also doesn't show this detail.

Depends if there are retaining ....hmmm....shapes?....in the relevant holes.

Have a look and see if theres a slot of some kind to hold the female end captive. If not, fingers should get it started until friction holds, if that's not enough then an appropriate spanner should hold it.

Depends if there are retaining ....hmmm....shapes?....in the relevant holes.

Have a look and see if theres a slot of some kind to hold the female end captive. If not, fingers should get it started until friction holds, if that's not enough then an appropriate spanner should hold it.

They don't. The holes are simple round holes.

I used a spanner. If I am not mistaken, the bolts also have some locktite on them which makes it a bit harder to screw them in

Use a spanner - the bolts have friction in order to not unscrew incidentally. In case the friction should fade out - if you screw and unscrew many times - replace it using loctite threadlocker.
The bolts just have to engage a number of threads, they do not need to be snug. Having a bit of freedom allow the spanner to work better when unscrewing.

I used a spammer. Yes it was a PITA to get them in, don’t do a half asss job either though as once you do it, you won’t need to ever again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom