How to restore factory settings on Atom 2.0??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have just purchased an Atom 2.0 second hand, and it seems excellent, my only tinkle is that it has all the previous owners dive logs stored on it.... How do i remove them?... Please help me i'm a newbie here.....:(

I can think of two ways to clear the previous owner's dive log. 1) Make 24 dives and the computer will write over the data; 2) Remove battery, have a beer, reinstall battery. All previous data and non-factory settings will be gone within 8 seconds of removing the battery.

will this also erase the "History" function ?? I remember reading something about removing the battery will not affect the History function. I could be wrong though.

Per p. 158 of the operating manual, "If the new battery can be inserted into the ATOM within 8 seconds after the old one is removed (referred to as hot swap), settings and nitrogen and oxygen calculations for repetitive dives will be retained."

There is no comment about the dive history, so it may well be deleted.

I could not find any specific reference to restoring the unit to factory state in the manual.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom