How to Remove Strap Clamp on Mares Volo Powers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaRev

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm seriously considering retrofitting a pair of those nifty spring straps on my Mares Volo Powers. Question: How do you remove those "abs" buckles from the posts without damaging anything? I've seen replacement buckles from Mares, so I know they must be removeable. I just want to use as little "persuasion" as necessary. These fins aren't cheap!

Advice is greatly appreciated.

Bill

Most of them, you simply push the buckle over the post until it pops out of the skinny opening & into the big one. Then just lift it up off the post. Some are keyed, so the buckle needs to be lined up correctly to get it off. If so, you can see the cuts for that in the underside of the buckle. I don't think the Volo's are keyed this way.

Nope you have to turn the buckle 1/4 turn (make sure buckle is open). Then slide up so the post slips into the bigger opening, they will then pull easily off the post. Sometimes the pushing requires a little extra ooomph!

Im not sure if it is the same way on the volos. But on my Tusa Imprexes, I have to unbuckle the buckle or it wont work at all.

Then turn it up a 1/4 turn, the female part of the buckle should be turned up.

let me know if that works

Just replaced my rubber straps with the spings about 30 minutes ago.
And I get to try them out in the springs tomarrow!!

Got it!

I finally figured out that "abs" clamp thing. (Never quite understood what that red lock/unlock switch was about, anyway.) Here's the deal: Put the red sliding switch in the "unlock" position. Open the "abs" clamp to expose the post. Turn the strap mechanism 90 degrees so that the straps are at the top of the foot. Push toward the
sole. It slides out fairly easily. There is a little tab at the sole side of the pin to keep the clamp from sliding off. Hopefully, this won't be a problem with the spring straps.

I'm really looking forward to putting a set of springs on these babies. It should make shore entries a snap, at least as far as fins are concerned.

Zak OHara:
Nope you have to turn the buckle 1/4 turn (make sure buckle is open). Then slide up so the post slips into the bigger opening, they will then pull easily off the post. Sometimes the pushing requires a little extra ooomph!

I got so excited about figuring out that abs buckle that I forgot to say thanks, Zak. I hadn't noticed that I got a manufacturer's response to this question.

What a cool forum! Customer service direct from the manufacturer! Awesome!

Love those Volo Power fins, btw.

wcwirla,

I just tryed out my new springs yesterday.

You will definatly enjoy the springs..........I dont know why I even bothered diving before I got them!! :shakehead

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom