How to remove permanent marker from hot dip galvanized tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

These answers are lame. Believe it or not, lysol gets most inks off.

Don't know if it will work on the tanks, but at one point I had some network equipment (probably plastic) but used simple dry erase markers - just mark over the permanent stuff and it wiped right off.

Acetone has been the winner here.
There is still some background tinges due to HDG surface roughness but the name and phone numbers are gone.
Sun and salt should do the rest!

Sun and salt should do the rest!
The S. Florida sun keeps removing the markings in our tanks, and we stored them indoors.
It's just a number on each one, but they need remarking every other year or sooner.

The S. Florida sun keeps removing the markings in our tanks, and we stored them indoors.
It's just a number on each one, but they need remarking every other year or sooner.

Are you required to have certain markings on your Tanks in FL by local regulations?

Are you required to have certain markings on your Tanks in FL by local regulations?

Hahahahaha!!! You’ve never been to FL I see. The answer is no. Many of us with multiple tanks mark them for ease of keeping tracking of them. No other reason.

Hahahahaha!!! You’ve never been to FL I see. The answer is no. Many of us with multiple tanks mark them for ease of keeping tracking of them. No other reason.

No, I have been there MANY times MANY MANY blue moons ago. I just thought that there were new regulations there since the last time I was there that mandated certain markings on the Tank. I remember in MA that we had to have the lobster license number on our Tanks either painted or on a flex board on the Tank so I thought perhaps you have something similar now in FL.

No, I have been there MANY times MANY MANY blue moons ago. I just thought that there were new regulations there since the last time I was there that mandated certain markings on the Tank. I remember in MA that we had to have the lobster license number on our Tanks either painted or on a flex board on the Tank so I thought perhaps you have something similar now n FL.

FL isn’t big on regulations that don’t result in revenue for the state. So no, the markings @Ana was referencing are for personal use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom