How to remove DUI valve for cleaning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seville

Contributor
Reaction score
CED54524-8537-48C2-BB03-1532BA530155.jpeg
45EFABE9-E89D-4F42-A89C-E2C928684FA0.jpeg
I have a DUI 50/50 drysuit. I think the valve needs to be cleaned because it is leaking from the exhaust port. I’m trying to figure out if it unscrews like a BCD exhaust port. On the back of the port it says depress purge valve to remove nut.

I pressed the purge valve and tried to rotate it. It only moves about a quarter of an inch and I did not want to force anything.

any idea how it unscrews, do you rotate the back or the front of the valve. After depressing the valve and rotating is it righty tidy lefty Loosy? Hi just don’t want to force anything or do it incorrectly. Any advice would help

Just look up Apeks low profile exhaust valve on YouTube. That’s what this is.

DUI glues the valves in. Find a drysuit service tech that can remove it and install a port so you can remove it yourself in the future. Or send it back to DUI each time you need the valve serviced.

I use the apeks valve remover tool. I despise dui for not putting gaskets on the suit. Once i get them off i clean the suit and use regular silicone sealant instead of aquaseal. It works for me and i can remove the valves at my leisure. If you remove really carefully (vice and channel lock plyers you might be able to keep the glue gasket in place on the suit.

Just look up Apeks low profile exhaust valve on YouTube. That’s what this is.
You are right, even the DUI website says its an apex valve, Do they glue it in or is it just screw in like it was meant to be?

You are right, even the DUI website says its an apex valve, Do they glue it in or is it just screw in like it was meant to be?
It’s glued in, as Jon indicated above

In my experience, even with the tool, the valves tend to break before the glue does. If you try to remove it, i would first get a new valve to replace it just in case.

When you reinstall, either use the gasket above or a light smear of RTV etc., but not the ridiculous amount of silicone that DUI uses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom