How to pack FFM (Full Face Mask)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelemvor

Big Fleshy Monster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How would you go about protecting a full facemask for international travel? It's expensive enough that I'll want it in the carry-on with laptops, dive computers, regulators etc. The masks (2x ocean reef) only come with a cloth bag. I'm not used to traveling with something in my carry on that's quite so fragile. How would you go about protecting then? I'm thinking of maybe wrapping them in a towel.

Maybe some eggshell foam.
DESIGN-PALLET-4TXLFOAM-2.jpg

What about a pellican case... one that's large enough to hold the masks/ regs/ and computer?

Hardshell like a Tupperware tub to help protect against getting crushed or just carry on and a light wrap to prevent scratching. I travel with camera lenses etc in carry on with just a tshirt wrapping them and it's the careful way I baby my bag that prevents damage.

While I don't know personally ocean reef FFM build quality in general FFM can and do take a beating.

Regards,
Cameron

Back
Top Bottom