How to measure innovative spring straps for twin jets?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tarheeldiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know how to measure for the new spring straps from innovative that already have the twin jet buckles? I saw on one site it said to measure from the face of the buckle around the heel to the face of the other buckle . what part of the buckle would be considered the face?
thanks,
greg

Cool Finally some one makes real spring straps for the Twin Jets. I'll order mine once we can figure out how to measure them!

Here you go. Innovative Scuba. Measuring instructions for all models. I just picked up a pair for my Jets. I've had the Innovative straps on my V12s for a while now. Well made, good price.

I'll be ordering tommorrow...thanks for sharing!

rickyd:
Here you go. Innovative Scuba. Measuring instructions for all models. I just picked up a pair for my Jets. I've had the Innovative straps on my V12s for a while now. Well made, good price.
That's the site I saw but where do you measure to on the buckle? Is it where the buckle starts or is it the point where it goes to inside the buckle this can make a 1" or more difference in the measurement.

tarheeldiver:
That's the site I saw but where do you measure to on the buckle? Is it where the buckle starts or is it the point where it goes to inside the buckle this can make a 1" or more difference in the measurement.

You can simply measure from the "face" of the female part of the buckle, around the heel, to the "face" of the other female buckle. Then choose the next SHORTER strap size. This should fit you well. If you have any questions, you can call me toll-free at (800) 601-3483 and I will walk you through the process. Thanks.

Innovative Scuba Twin-Jet Fin Straps

Phil Ellis
Dive Sports Online
www.divesports.com
(800) 601-DIVE

One of the biggest reasons to switch to spring straps is to eliminate failure points. Why would you want a spring strap that still uses the cheap plastic buckles? Better to have a custom pair made that attach the spring directly to the fin. See my recent thread regarding spring straps for twin jets.......R

Ragnar:
One of the biggest reasons to switch to spring straps is to eliminate failure points. Why would you want a spring strap that still uses the cheap plastic buckles? Better to have a custom pair made that attach the spring directly to the fin. See my recent thread regarding spring straps for twin jets.......R
Since I am just doing rec diving, I am willing to take the risk of having a plastic buckle fail. I have over 100 dives on my stock twin jet straps and have not had a single failure. The main reason why I want to switch mine out to spring straps is convenience. I just ordered a pair for my twin jets. I already have spring straps for my regular jets and love them!

I use my twin jets for traveling and my regular jets for cold water diving.

tarheeldiver:
Does anyone know how to measure for the new spring straps from innovative that already have the twin jet buckles? I saw on one site it said to measure from the face of the buckle around the heel to the face of the other buckle . what part of the buckle would be considered the face?
thanks,
greg

I ordered a size medium pair back in Decmeber and like them. I wear a size 10 Mares Avanti hardsole bootie with large twinjets and they seem to be perfect.

Ragnar:

The following innovative scuba spring straps work better. They fit perfectly onto the TWIN JETS. NO Failure points here. They attach directly to the fin...just need to cut off the plastic buckle.

http://www.divesports.com/mall/innovative_acc_springstrapsjetfins.asp

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom