How to make big-size tech boots work?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emelimelo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Greetings,

Would you be able to help if you have any experience with making bigger size tech boots work for you?

I got this second-hand dry suit.
However, the boot size is Uk 5-8 whereas I am size 4.

Although it didn't cause too much issue in the pool, it seems like it definitely needs an insole etc...

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Em

Greetings,

Would you be able to help if you have any experience with making bigger size tech boots work for you?

Although it didn't cause too much issue in the pool, it seems like it definitely needs an insole etc...

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Em

Why would you not look into getting the too big boots replaced?!

Greetings,

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Em
Insole, two pairs of socks, a set of fin keepers. Not ideal, but cheaper than proper boot replacement until you’re in a position to fix that.

Fleece booties take up a lot of room and are easier to don and doff.

Correct fix, have the boots swapped out.
You might get away with padding the feet out. Double wool socks, insoles, fin keepers, etc. But it will never be right.

Get the right size boots and it is great. Lot of socks and rock boot fans around here. Tried it. They are better than poor fitting boots, but not as good as a proper fitting boot (at least for me).

Is the suit also big around your calves?

DW

DUI traced my feet, but the turbo soles were just slightly big. I took my TLS350 for an easy swim up Peanut Tunnel in the cave at Peacock Springs and discovered just a little gas in the foot allowed my foot to slip in the boot, the boot to retain the heel strap, and the fin to pop off despite extra socks. You might need the performance of a properly fitting boot in tough conditions or to perform a rescue. Plus, since your brain is your most important piece of gear, you owe it to yourself not to make yourself crazy with a poorly fitting drysuit boot.

Get the boots replaced with socks and some cheap rock boots. Will be a much better fit.

My boots are 2 sizes too big. I layer up with socks and use boots that have the little knob on them so the spring on the fins doesn't fly off.

It's not ideal.. the right way would be to change them out. But this works for now.

My boots and fins almost shoot off with the right size socks and neoprene booties ha ha ha

need some laces

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom