How to do a Goodman Handle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's my pvc and bungee version. easy to make and very comfortable. anywhere between cheap to free depending on what you have laying around. Toolwise you can get away with a saw, a drill, and a blow dryer (although a heat gun would be nice). you'll need something to cut the bungee as well but most divers have more than enough cutting devices:).

The process is pretty self explanatory. its 2 pieces of pvc glued together using pvc pipe cement. I used 1 1/4" pvc pipe that i already had. i cut heated and flattened one piece for the base and drilled the holes to thread the bungee. for the light head i cut another piece heated it, and with gloved hands, wrapped it around the light head and held it in place a few seconds until it cooled enough to hold shape. i then removed it from the light head and heated it again, just enough to provide some give, and closed the opening just a hair to ensure a snug fit on the light head. then its just glue, thread and size. at the risk of stating the obvious, wear whatever gloves you dive with when you size the bungee.

Attachments

• IMG_0917.jpg
    IMG_0917.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 761
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom