How to disassemble Bauer K14 condensate drain?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwindham

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to go about removing the knob from the condensate drain valve on a K14 block bauer compressor (#064008)? The manual mentions that there are two models, one with a retaining pin and another without. Mine appears to be the one without, but I am baffled about what else might hold this little guy in. It leaks so I need to check the valve seat somehow... Ideas?

064008_xl.jpg

As Namreg58 said, disconnect the spring that is held in place at the underside of the plastic knob by using a very small screw driver and prying it out of the knob. Hold it out of the way and unscrew the knob. New seats can be ordered from Lawrence Factor or Bauer.
ZDD

You picture is from August Industries. I am sure they have the parts you need, and they definitely have the expertise to help you. Super people to deal with!!

Hey, you guys were right on the money. I'm a little embarrassed in fact that I didn't discover how to do it on my own because it ended up being so simple. I disconnected the spring and the valve screwed right out... Thanks! :D

If the seat hasn't gone brittle and cracked, a few passes over some fine emery paper can restore them again. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom